Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Psalm 23

Psalm 23
A psalm of David.
1The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name’s sake.
4Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,a
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

I have recited this verse more times than I can imagine these last few days. I have had a horrible round with a terrible migrane and nausea and have just been released from the hospital.

I don't know what brought all this on, I'm sure that the fact that I've had little sleep and not been eatting well hasn't helped but the stress of a new baby was something I had totally forgotten. Totally.

I rested all last night , and have had a lot of fluids ran through me these last few days. Ms. Sophie stayed with her grandparents and my other 2 kids stayed with my mom so that she could get them ready for school today.

I'm so thankful for my family and all the help that they have given me these last few days.

I felt so many times that I was walking through the shadow of death, but it was the next part that gave me solace.

But without sounding to holy-er than thou, there was still fear (and to some point still is that the pain/nausea will return). But I recognize that I am human even though I am a Child of God. HIS chosen Child.

Praise God that HE takes me when I need him the most desperately and keeps me close, that he guides my hands and my feet, that HE protects me as I walk through these days.

I am a blessed Child.