Saturday, December 7, 2019

Perspective

Today was one of those days where memories seem to flow fast and furious.

I had to go to the hospital to get my Gma and bring her home.

Passing the waiting room where I sat in shock after my cousin & husband were killed in a wreck.

Passing the room where my uncle took his last breath and we said our forever good-bye.

Into the room where I helped my near 91 year old grandma get dressed and pulled all the heart monitor stickers off her thin skin.

The calling the ambulance and going through the admittance questions and the processes are becoming second nature.

Hearing the ER Doctor talk about her age, and knowing she has had several pacemakers already, I know what I don't want to know.

But today makes me sad. The hospital visit made me sad. Knowing my grandma wants us to come and put out her Christmas decorations this year makes me sad, because that was something my Uncle Doug did for her every year. Now he is gone.

Perspective is a crazy thing and today I don't like it.

Me.