Sunday, December 15, 2019

So I got up this morning and went straight to listening to Beth Moore. Lordy mercy that woman feels like she and I are talking across the table when she is teaching.

My day was insane as always but on the way home I decided I needed to look something up in the Bible, I wanted to know what was said about confidence.

Because I have a ton of confidence when it comes to talking about my passion and my drive for feeding the hungry or things I love like my kids.

But...

I lack personal confidence.

The I'm enough and the I'm good enough issue.

So I wanted to know what the Bible said about it, so I googled it and was led to 2 Corinthians 3:1-5

2 Corinthians 3:1-5 New International Version (NIV)

Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, like some people, letters of recommendation to you or from you? You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everyone. You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
Such confidence we have through Christ before God. Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God.
-- copied from Bible Gateway

I think that when it is asking are we to commend ourselves, to me it's says Val you don't need someone to put you on a pedestal... No awards, no atta girls, Val know and realize you are enough. Someone doesn't have to give you warm fuzzies. Rest in the Lord and know that you are enough as you are. JUST AS YOU ARE. Also that I am to be known as Christ daughter by HIS doing and not by mine. And that when I'm led by God I'm leaving the writings on human hearts and showing God's love for them.

Me.