Tuesday, January 12, 2016

CPR from God

Feel the preserving encircling of Christ around you and start praying and praising and thanking and worshipping. Stand in the rising, twisting storm — and let Him gently wring an unforgettable worship from our hearts.

These words came from Ann Voskamp blog Holy Experience

The wring that it is referring to is the tears we shed. Sometimes the ones we just simply cannot stop. That was the case this weekend. When I went to bed on Saturday evening I thought something just isn’t sounding right with the furnace. But gave it to God to deal with and tried to sleep. At 12:30 AM still sounded terrible. At 3 AM I woke to a room of smoke and quickly called my parents, and carried Sophie out the door. The furnace quit. A fire inside burnt wires up, a motor ruined and something called a blower box. Around $700.

Later that same day I lost power at part of my house and found a power strip overheating and throwing sparks and smoking. The emotions of having to figure out all this lowered me to my face.
I couldn’t function, I couldn’t breathe, I couldn’t…and God knew it.

HE took over, HE caused me to survive a very difficult week. I praise God from this side of those days that HE gave me the strength of my dad and the help of him as well.

When I think of the things that could have happened I’m sick inside again and my thoughts seem to stop and God comes in touches me and I breathe again.

God is giving me CPR (Constantly Providing Relief) quite frequently now. The nudge, a sign, a thought, anything that keeps me saying “ah it’s YOU”.

That’s where I am at. Leaning on the everlasting arms…repeating, rejoicing with the verse from “Victory In Jesus”, especially the lines of “And then I cried, "Dear Jesus,
Come and heal my broken spirit,"
And somehow Jesus came and brought
To me the victory.”

All God’s doing not any of my own. I’m blessed, I struggle, I cry, I wonder, and I may question, but. I. Am. Blessed.


Much love, Me.