Monday, May 19, 2014

Mother's Day Blessings!

I struggled with Mother's Day. That's not a hidden fact.

I pleaded with God to show me Love, teach me Love.

Here's what happened.

1. Friday before Mother's Day. My friend Cheryl buried her mom. It was horrible watching someone lose her momma, clinging to the every second of her life. Cheryl told of how her mom took certain ones to the side and talked to them and gave advice and reminded them of her love. She talked of how her mom feared "the end" and wanted to know how "it" would happen. Cheryl spoke of her dad and his love for his bride and how until this very second it still continues.

2. Saturday before Mother's Day. The bullying of my son came to a stop. I stood up for him and they now know I will not back down. PERIOD. Cops got involved, it was ugly. But the little girl will not do that again, and if she does I will be right there! I was advised by a cop that Ian needed to fight his own fight, but fighting a bully isn't the answer. Especially when they are 3 times your size.

3. Mother's Day. Full of warm wishes and a gift from God. Look & see for yourself:

Baby birds were born in the birdhouse on the fence and we watched as they were fed. It was the most amazing thing to watch and share with the kids!

I am blessed as a momma every single day. I wouldn't trade it for cleaner floors, or a sink without dishes, or an empty laundry basket. I'm blessed with a great life.

Thanks Lord! You knew exactly what I needed when I needed it!

Much love, me.