Thursday, April 24, 2014

Neighborhood Kids

This week is seeming to never end.

It's Thursday & it's taken a long time to get here, to be honest I don't feel like I even finished last week.

So come on weekend! I need you!

Yesterday's weather was beautiful!

After work I ran to the grocery store, took the kids to DQ & began work on my front yard! I'm revamping the areas in front of my porch. This is a big thing for me, because since being divorced I've not tackled this kind of project before.

I'm adding Knock Out Roses (double blooming)! I'm really excited & I've put out some Hummingbird Feeders too! I look forward to watching them! Sophie loves birds so that will be fun for her too.

The kids all run up and down the street and play, ride bikes, argue, play ball, whatever crosses their minds. There are about 15 kids in our 2 block radius that come & play on our street. It's great to see (not always great to hear! lol).

There is 1 family in our neighborhood that…well are a rougher kind. I have to watch my kids around them because of their gruffness. I don't like being like that because we are to love and treat all people equally, but my goal in life is to raise and protect my children and so I take that job very seriously.

I hate feeling like this towards children because they can't help the way they are raised, but once again my job is to protect my children. So we have rules when it comes to them.

I don't know if I'm doing right or not but I know some of the issues I've had to deal with and I am guarded with them.

Lord, lead me as I should be doing. Show me how to handle these situations. Let me love them as I should but at the same time protect myself and my children.

Much love,
me.