Tuesday, April 1, 2014

We survived and lived to tell!

As I type this my house is being over ran with kids. 6 as a matter of fact.

But dealing with 6 children running all over pales in comparison to the last 24 hours.

I took my 3 kids and traveled 3 hours away to French Lick, IN to an indoor water park & spent the night.

and…

we survived!

I'm so proud of myself, I know that I was able to do it because God granted me everything I needed.

What did I learn in these last 24 hours:


  1. All children need luggage on wheels.
  2. Sophie needs the harness that allows small children to walk & still stay close to the parents…you know like the kid on a leash thing. (I NEVER thought I would ever use one of those, but then again I never thought I'd be a single mom of 3 kids, one being 1 yo.)
  3. Take more food.
  4. TAKE CHARGERS TO ALL ELECTRONICS!
  5. Take more pictures.
  6. All children need water shoes.
  7. Staying in the same hotel as the water park is by far the smartest decision in a long while!
  8. Remember that the kids are ALWAYS a blessing even if they are throwing a fit because you are having to drag them from the water park.
It was an awesome trip that I am absolutely EXHAUSTED from.


Thank you Lord Jesus! We are so blessed!!!

Much love, 
me.